March 18th 2021
Dennis Friedman called the meeting to order at 12:25 pm with 32 members and 1 guest in attendance.
- Dennis Friedman
Welcome to our weekly meeting in our 96th year
- John Lavarias will be taking over the Yearbook duties for Paul Harris. John asks that event Chairman send writeups and Photos to him for the Club Events. [HB1] [HB2]
- Dennis reports the possible re-opening of the Club the 2nd week of April. The Board is working on logistics so stay tunned!!!
- Al Herman introduced longtime fishing friend and big game hunter Bill Brown.
Good Cheer Report:
- Frank Prato is in rehab and slowly doing better. Frank is accepting calls but would prefer calls in the morning.
- None. Too much Wind and Water Too Cold!!!
- Tackle Day
Ron Herbst reports Tackle Day is scheduled for April the 3rd. The event will take place at the Clubhouse parking lot. Members are welcome at 7:00 am with the public welcome at 8:30 am. Hank and Andrew will be recertifying you scales at the event.
Future Events Continued.
- Golf Tournament is on and scheduled for April the 21st at Meadowlark Golf Course. Jeff reports 30 golfers have signed up and there is still room. If you are interested contact Jeff Clary 714 602-0003
- Spring Bass Tournament starts Friday April 30th thru Saturday May 1st.
Hank reports we have over 40 anglers with another 9 signing up at the meeting. We can accommodate up to 75 anglers at this event.
** Please note…If you have signed up, Chairman Jim Hardesty ask that you get your entry fee’s in as soon as possible. They are due soon and needed to complete our financial commitment to Whites Landing who is hosting the Event. Good Fun…Great Raffle Prizes and of course the mystery envelopes????
- Freshwater trip Lake El Salto almost full. There are two additional spots available. The trip is schedule for May 8th thru the 12th with the option of extending two more days at Lake Picachos. Contact Paul McEchern
- Options Trips. John Lavarius reports both trips to be full. He is taking backups for the wait list. If your interested contact John (909) 208-5707
- Fish the Wall Small Boat Tournament. The Flyers are out and attached for your convenience. The event is a 24-hour tournament with lines in June 4th at 5pm and lines out June 5th at 5pm. Weight slips (best) call or text John Whitaker (310) 918-7697 or Tani Poe (562) 650-1035.
New prize this year is a combined weight of 5 bass. All anglers on the boat can contribute towards the 5 fish total. Awards and prizes to be presented at the Burger Bash/ Car Show on Sunday June the 6th. See Flyer Attached for more info…
- Kids Trip… This is the 60th Annual Baja Kids Trip to be held at the Playa del Sol in Los Barilles. Andrew Weiske reports there are a few spots open so contact Andrew (949) 632-1850 or Thom Ryan (949) 278-0687
- Catalina Island Couples Trip. This will be the local version of the Couples Trip. Cor announced that the event will be held July 15th thru the 17th and be hosted by Whites Landing, Flyers to be out soon.
- Alaska Trip. Terry reports the trip is full but still taking alternates if interested.
- Couples Trip Costa Rica. Cor Reports that they have 20 signed up for the trip with room for more. The trip is planned for December the 1st thru December 6th. Also, Cor is requesting, as this is in peak season for Costa Rica that for those who are going get their deposits is ASAP to assure the reservations. Cor is holding open a few remaining spots but will be opening for friends and family soon.
- Pacific Dawn Trips. Mike Engle reports that the August trip is full. However, he is taking anyone who may want to be put on the wait list. The October 2 ½ day has 3 openings. If you have any interest contact Mike Engle (949) 266-7804 or Al Hermer (562) 882-0855
- Cedros Trip. The trip is full, however Mike Engle is taking Backups. If you have an interest contact Mike Engle (949) 266-7804
- Stagg Trip. The trip is scheduled for October the 1st thru the 2nd. Flyers will be out soon…. Mark your Calendars!!!!!!!
Also please be aware, Don Herman reports that some people have had problems trying to pay for events or annual dues via the website using American Express. The website does not accept American Express. Visa, MasterCard will work fine.
With no other announcements or business, the meeting was adjourned at 12:53pm
Southern California Tuna Club
2021 Calendar of Events REV 2/3/2021
|1/14/21||Installation Dinner 4pm||Curt Herberts|
|TBD||Club Pheasant Hunt||Chuck Becker|
|1/28/21||Annual Business Meeting 4pm||Dennis Friedman|
|TBD||Ladies Cocktail Party ||Chris Scott|
|4/3/21||Tackle Day||Bob Briggs, Ron Herbst|
|4/21/21||Golf Tournament||Jeff Clary|
|4/28/21||New Member Orientation||Geoff Magnall, Paul McEachern, Chris Halliday, Tyler Jackson|
|5/8-12/21||Fresh Water Trip – El Salto||Greg Bohnet, Paul McEachern|
|4/30-5/1/21||Spring Bass Tournament – White’s Landing, Catalina||Hank Brown, Jim Hardesty & Tom Dixon Jr.|
|6/5/21||Fish the Wall Small Boat Tournament||Tani Poe, John Whitaker|
|6/6/21||Burger Bash||Fred Westberg, Greg Guest|
|6/19-24/21||Baja Kids Trip||Andrew Weiske, Thom Ryan|
|7/15-17/21||Mini-Couples Trip – White’s Landing, Catalina||Cor Claus|
|7/22-27/21||Annual Alaska Trip||Terry Tysseland|
|TBD||Kids Fishing Rodeo||Chris Scott|
|8/6-9/21||Long Range Trip #1 – Pacific Dawn||Al Hermer, Mike Engle|
|8/11/21||Club Trophy Clays Shoot – To be confirmed||Paul Ryback|
|8/20-21/21||Intra Club Tournament||Larry Drum, KC Coultrup|
|TBD||Kids Night at the Club||Chris Scott, KC Coultrup|
|9/2/21||Awards Dinner||Chris Halliday, Drake Smith|
|9/17-22/21||Cedros Trip||Alan Herman, Mike Engle|
|10/1-2/21||Fall Stag Trip – White’s Landing, Catalina||Joe Vicic, John Trapani|
|10/17-20/21||Long Range Trip #2 – Pacific Dawn||Al Hermer, Mike Engle|
|11/11-13/21||The IGFA SoCal Swordfish Open,Newport Beach||Gus Chabre, Curt Herberts|
|11/18/21||Past Presidents and Sportsman Dinner||Terry Tysseland|
|12/1-6/21 TBD||Couples Trip – Tamarindo, Costa Rica||Cor Claus|
|12/16/21||Tom and Jerry Party||Terry Bersuch and Crew|
|1/13/2022||Installation Dinner||Dennis Friedman|