April 1st 2021
Dennis Friedman called the meeting to order at 12:10 pm with 30
members in attendance.
- Dennis Friedman
Welcome to our weekly meeting in our 96th year
- John Lavarias will be taking over the Yearbook duties for Paul Harris. John asks that event Chairman send writeups and Photos to him for the Club Events.
- Dennis reports the possible re-opening of the Club the 2nd week of April. The Board is working on logistics so stay tuned!!!
Members not seen in a while:
- Gary Whitener
- John Trapani
- Vic Rains
- Chris Scott
Good Cheer Report: No new updates however, both Frank Esterbrook and Harry Westover are accepting phone calls.
- Frank Esterbrook is doing quite well. He is headed home on Monday.
- Harry Westover is leaving the care facility and headed home. You can contact him after Monday.
- None. However, Paul McEarhern reports the scale at the fuel dock has been recertified as well as the one at the Club…
Fish Reports: Nothing to report
- Tackle Day
Ron Herbst reports Tackle Day is scheduled for April the 3rd. The event will take place at the Clubhouse parking lot. Members are welcome at 7:00 am with the public welcome at 8:30 am. Hank and Andrew will be recertifying you scales at the event.
Future Events Continued.
- Golf Tournament is on and scheduled for April the 21st at Meadowlark Golf Course. Jeff reports 30 golfers have signed up and there is still room. If you are interested contact Jeff Clary 714 602-0003
- Spring Bass Tournament starts Friday April 30th thru Saturday May 1st.
Hank reports we have 59 signed up. We can accommodate up to 75 anglers at this event.
** Please note…If you have signed up, Chairman Jim Hardesty ask that you get your entry fee’s in as soon as possible. They are due soon and needed to complete our financial commitment to Whites Landing who is hosting the Event. Good Fun…Great Raffle Prizes and of course the mystery envelopes???? Also please note…. Your crew and guest must complete a 2021 Club Limited Liability Form before participating in the event. NOTICE… Both you and your guest who participate in Club Events must complete the 2021 Limited Liability forms prior to each event.
- Freshwater trip Lake El Salto almost full. There are two additional spots available. The trip is schedule for May 8th thru the 12th with the option of extending two more days at Lake Picachos. Contact Paul McEachern
- Options Trips. John Lavarius reports both trips to be full. He is taking backups for the wait list. If your interested contact John (909) 208-5707
- Fish the Wall Small Boat Tournament. The Flyers are out and attached for your convenience. The event is a 24-hour tournament with lines in June 4th at 5pm and lines out June 5th at 5pm. Weight slips (best) call or text John Whitaker (310) 918-7697 or Tani Poe (562) 650-1035.
New prize this year is a combined weight of 5 bass. All anglers on the boat can contribute towards the 5 fish total. Awards and prizes to be presented at the Burger Bash/ Car Show on Sunday June the 6th. See Flyer Attached for more information. John Whitaker needs two volunteers to help out at the Burger Bash.
- Kids Trip… This is the 60th Annual Baja Kids Trip to be held at the Playa del Sol in Los Barilles. Deposits of $500.00 dollars are due ASAP and the balance at the end of May. Andrew Weiske reports there are a few spots open so contact Andrew (949) 632-1850 or Thom Ryan (949) 278-0687. Options for fishing are as follows; Private Boat $1,200 to $1,500 daily… Super Cruiser $600.00 daily and Panga at $300 per day.
- Catalina Island Couples Trip. This will be the local version of the Couples Trip. Cor announced that the event will be held July 15th thru the 17th and be hosted by Whites Landing, Flyers to be out soon.
- Alaska Trip. Terry reports the trip is full but still taking alternates if interested. Also, the 2021 limits this year is a follows:
- Kings- 1 per day- 4 per season
- Silvers- 6 per day per angler
- Halibut – The release slot is 50” to 73”. That means you can keep one fish per day up to 65 pounds or one over 145 lbs.
- Lin Cod- 1 per angler per trip.
- Yellow Eye- none
- Couples Trip Costa Rica. Cor Reports that they have 20 signed up for the trip with room for more. The trip is planned for December the 1st thru December 6th. Also, Cor is requesting, as this is in peak season for Costa Rica, for those who are going are due NOW too assure the reservations. Cor is holding open a few remaining spots but will be opening for friends and family very soon.
- Couples Trip Catalina. Whites Landing will host the Catalina Couples Trip. The trip is scheduled for July 15th thru July 17th. Cor Claus to provide additional details coming soon!!!!
- Pacific Dawn Trips. Mike Engle reports that the August trip is full. However, he is taking anyone who may want to be put on the wait list. The October 2 ½ day has 1 opening. If you have any interest contact Mike Engle (949) 266-7804 or Al Hermer (562) 882-0855
- Cedros Trip. The trip is full, however Mike Engle is taking Backups. If you have an interest contact Mike Engle (949) 266-7804
- Stagg Trip. The trip is scheduled for October the 1st thru the 2nd. Flyers will be out soon…. Mark your Calendars!!!!!!!
- IFGA Swordfish Tournament is to be held November 11 thru the 13. At this point it is going to be limited to 25 boats.
Also please be aware, Don Herman reports that some people have had problems trying to pay for events or annual dues via the website using American Express. The website does not accept American Express. Visa, MasterCard will work fine.
With no other announcements or business, the meeting was adjourned at 12:40 pm