April 8th 2021
Dennis Friedman called the meeting to order at 12:35 pm with 28
members in attendance.
- Dennis Friedman
Welcome to our weekly meeting in our 96th year
- John Lavarias will be taking over the Yearbook duties for Paul Harris. John asks that event Chairman send writeups and Photos to him for the Club Events.
- Dennis reports the re-opening of the Club scheduled for 22nd of April. The Board is working on logistics so stay tuned!!!
- Fred Westberg is planning on a day outing to visit Kent Browning’s warehouse where Kent has 120 antique cars. The date is TBD but if you would like to go see some unique cars contact Fred.
Members not seen in a while:
- KC Coultrup
- Jeff Clary
Good Cheer Report:
- Dave Woody had surgery for a compression. Fracture and is accepting phone calls.
- Tom Dixon took a fall but is doing alright.
- Andrew Weiske caught a 1.9 Sand bass on 8kg braid using a hookup bait and squid.
Fish Reports: Nothing to report
- Andrew fished Izors and overall the fishing was very slow
- Hank Brown fished the pipe for 4 bass. Two small calicos and two sand bass. The largest 2.4 lbs of squid
- Don Herman went fishing on Gus Chabre’s boat. They went to the channel islands for good red and lingcod fishing.
- Tackle Day
Ron Herbst reports Tackle Day was a great success. The event was held in the Club parking lot this year. Everyone seem to prefer the location. Overall the event raised $6,000.00 dollars for the Foundation.
Future Events Continued.
- Golf Tournament is on and scheduled for April the 21st at Meadowlark Golf Course. Jeff reports 30 golfers have signed up and there is still room. If you are interested contact Jeff Clary 714 602-0003
- Spring Bass Tournament starts Friday April 30th thru Saturday May 1st.
Hank reports we have 59 signed up. We can accommodate up to 75 anglers at this event.
A special thanks for all participants and we are 100% paid up. We are looking forward to the Event with Good Fun…Great Raffle Prizes and of course the mystery envelopes???? NOTICE… Both you and your guest who participate in Club Events must complete the 2021 Limited Liability forms prior to each event.
- Freshwater trip Lake El Salto Paul McEachren reports that all the details with regards to cost have been settled. He is requesting that if you are fishing El Salto the additional amount needed is $125.00 dollars. If you are fishing Lake El Salto and Lake Picachos the additional amount needed is $800.00 dollars. Please make the checks out to SCTC and send check to Paul McEachren at 20 Sicilian Walk, LB. Ca. 90803 ASAP.
- Options Trips. John Lavarius reports both trips to be full. He is taking backups for the wait list. If your interested contact John (909) 208-5707
- Fish the Wall Small Boat Tournament. The Flyers are out and attached for your convenience. The event is a 24-hour tournament with lines in June 4th at 5pm and lines out June 5th at 5pm. Weight slips (best) call or
text John Whitaker (310) 918-7697 or Tani Poe (562) 650-1035.
New prize this year is a combined weight of 5 bass. All anglers on the boat can contribute towards the 5 fish total. Awards and prizes to be presented at the Burger Bash/ Car Show on Sunday June the 6th. See Flyer Attached for more information. John Whitaker needs two volunteers to help out at the Burger Bash.
- Kids Trip… This is the 60th Annual Baja Kids Trip to be held at the Playa del Sol in Los Barilles. Thom Ryan reports 47 people are going. If you are interested please contact Andrew (949) 632-1850 or Thom Ryan (949) 278-0687. Please note… All monies including the cost of fishing boats are due May 1st. Please know that if you are fishing a Private Boat $1,200 to $1,500 daily, Super Cruiser $600.00 daily and Panga at $300 per day. As an example for 3 people traveling and you are fishing 3 days on a Deluxe Cruiser you had already paid your $500.00 deposit the trip would be as follows. Hotel cost for 3 people = $1,550.00 dollars, Minus the $500.00 dollar deposit the Trip = $3,150.00 dollars.
Plus the 3 days of fishing for the deluxe cruiser at $600.00 dollars per day would be an additional $1,800.00 dollars. Your total cost for 3 people would equal $4,950.00 dollars due May 1st.
Should you have any questions regarding your balance due by May 1st please contact Thom Ryan. Also of significant importance, Grandparents must have letter of permission for each grandchild.
- Catalina Island Couples Trip. This will be the local version of the Couples Trip. Cor announced that the event will be held July 15th thru the 17th and be hosted by Whites Landing, Flyers to be out soon.
- Alaska Trip. Terry reports the trip is full but still taking alternates if interested. Also, the 2021 limits this year is a follows:
- Kings- 1 per day- 4 per season
- Silvers- 6 per day per angler
- Halibut – The release slot is 50” to 73”. That means you can keep one fish per day up to 65 pounds or one over 145 lbs.
- Lin Cod- 1 per angler per trip.
- Yellow Eye- none
- Couples Trip Costa Rica. Cor Reports that they have 20 signed up for the trip with room for more. The trip is planned for December the 1st thru December 6th. Also, Cor is requesting, as this is in peak season for Costa Rica, for those who are going are due NOW too assure the reservations. Cor is holding open a few remaining spots but will be opening for friends and family very soon.
- Couples Trip Catalina. Whites Landing will host the Catalina Couples Trip. The trip is scheduled for July 15th thru July 17th. Cor Claus to provide additional details coming soon!!!!
- Pacific Dawn Trips. Mike Engle reports that the August trip is full. However, he is taking anyone who may want to be put on the wait list. If you have any interest contact Mike Engle (949) 266-7804 or Al Hermer (562) 882-0855
- Cedros Trip. The trip is full, however Mike Engle is taking Backups. If you have an interest contact Mike Engle (949) 266-7804
- Stagg Trip. The trip is scheduled for October the 1st thru the 2nd. Flyers will be out soon…. Mark your Calendars!!!!!!!
- IFGA Swordfish Tournament is to be held November 11 thru the 13. At this point it is going to be limited to 25 boats. For those interested contact Gus Chabre.
Also please be aware, Don Herman reports that some people have had problems trying to pay for events or annual dues via the website using American Express. The website does not accept American Express. Visa, MasterCard & Discover will work fine.
With no other announcements or business, the meeting was adjourned at 1:10 pm
Comments are closed.