August 4, 2022
Hank Brown called the meeting to order at 12:22 pm with 21 members and no guest in attendance.
Members not seen in a while:
Introduction of New Member: Dan Mundy introduced Tony Guichard to the members.
Good Cheer Report:
Don Herman was fishing at West Cove and caught a 4.6 lb Calico on 10kg mono using a sardine.
Fish Stories: Paul McEachern spoke to Dave Obenauer and he caught 2- 100 lb Blue Fin, and 1- 60lb Blue Fin 3-4 miles off Catalina.
Past Events: Terry reported that the Alaska trip caught their daily limits on everything except the King Salmon. The largest King was 14.5 lbs.
- The British Columbia is currently going on, John Lavarias and the group will be home on August 7th.
- Mike Engle said the Long-Range trip scheduled for August 5th through the 8th will be leaving tomorrow, and it is full
- The Annual Club Trophy Shoot will be on Wednesday, August 17th at the L.A. Clays Shooting Park, 831 Rosemead Blvd., South El Monte. Meet at 9:30am for sign-ups and safety meeting. The shoot will begin at 10:00am and end with lunch at 1:00pm. The awards will begin after lunch.
- The Intra Club Tournament will be August 18-20. Contact Larry Drum to sign up or you may pay on line. Dinner will follow at Larry’s and JoAnn’s house on the Island.
- Mike Engle said the Long-Range originally scheduled for May was rescheduled to Aug. 29. This trip is currently sold out, but he is accepting names for the waiting list.
- Kids night at the Club will be on Sept. 14th
- Cedros Trip is Sept. 16-21. Contact Al Hermer or Mike Engle for additional information. You may sign up on line.
- Options Trip #2 is Sept. 21-22, contact John Lavarias for information and you may sign up on line.
- The Fall Stagg trip has been rescheduled to Sept 29 to Oct 1st. Contact Dennis Friedman or Joe Vicic for information. You may sign up on line.
- The Past Presidents and Sportsman Dinner has been rescheduled to Nov. 3. Contact Hank Brown for information. You may sign up on line.
- The Couples Trip to Costa Rica will be Nov. 12-16. There is still room, contact Cor Claus for any questions or sign up on line.
The Annual Tom and Jerry Party will be on Dec. 8.
Comments are closed.