January 20th, 2022
Welcome to the Southern California Tuna Club in its 97th year
Terry Tysseland called the meeting to order via Zoom at 11:35 am with 14 members in attendance
Terry announced the recent passing of Richard Dilday. Richard passed
away unexpectedly at age 69. Richard had been a member since 1984.
Richard, who was a successful businessman, had a passion for
helping thousands of youngsters and others through the Salvation
Army and the Boys and Girls Clubs.
Terry asked for a moment of Silence to honor Richard Dilday.
- All meetings for the month of January are to be Zoom meetings. No in person meetings are to be at the club due to the Omicron variant. Watch for weekly invitations and links for the Zoom meetings by email. We hope you will attend each week but will need as many members as possible to attend the Zoom Annual Business Meeting to be held January 27th.
- Annual Business Meeting via Zoom 1-27-2022. In advance of this meeting, you will receive an email containing the information needed including the Club financial report. This report is for your eyes only and should be shredded after you review. In addition, and as part of membership, Members are asked to vote on the agenda items during the meeting. If you cannot attend via Zoom, a Proxy Ballot will be sent as part of the email you receive. Please review and vote your Proxy Ballot if you cannot attend. You can email your Proxy Ballot to Hank Brown at email@example.com or if you choose to snail mail your ballot, send to Hank Brown 4231 Tulane Av Long Beach, Ca. 90808.
- A new 2022 Calendar is available with updates. There are 3 updates to be aware of
- First is the Chairman Orientation meeting is scheduled for February the 8th
- The Ladies Cocktail Party is scheduled for March 26th
- White seabass hatchery tour is scheduled for May 11th.
Bob Hetzler will be hosting the event.
Members not seen for a while:
- Tani Poe Welcome Tani!!!
Good Cheer Report:
- Andrew Weiske had a tough time with Covid but is on the mend now
- Dan Mundy met Frank Pratto for lunch the other day and reports he is doing fine…
Weight Slips: None
- Al Hermer just returned from a 16-day trip aboard the Excel. Al reports the trip was a great success with rough weather on the trip down to the Hurricane Bank. Stopping on the way down at different spots, Al reports the water cold but did manage a few yellowtails, good lingcod. Once on the Hurricane Bank the water temp jumped to 85 degrees where they found Tuna up to 170lbs and his best at 148 lbs. They also landed a good number of Wahoo. The American Angler was also fishing the Bank and managed a 320lb Tuna.
- Joe Vicic got a report and pictures from a friend fishing Loretto
Who had landed Yellowtail from 25 to 35 lbs.?
- Club Pheasant Hunt
Chuck Becker reports that although the Club Event had been cancelled 6 participants decided to make a day hunt to the event site.
Chuck reports that all had good chucker hunting.
- Kids Trip Thom Ryan reports the Kids Trip is going well. Sometime in February Thom and Andrew will have airline info available. Look for additional information coming soon.
- Annual Business meeting 1/27/22
Just as a reminder an email packet was sent out to all members last week. One of these attachments was a Proxy Ballot for you to use if you will be unable to attend the meeting via Zoom. Please complete the Proxy Ballot. We need a total of 50 votes to conduct this meeting. As of today, we have received 6 total proxies.
If you should need the information again, please email Hank at hbfish52 and I will resend any information needed. Thanks!
- Terry Tysseland announced the Ladies Cocktail Party has tentatively been re-scheduled for March 26th. Stay tuned for updates. The cost is $250.00 dollars per couple.
- Freshwater Trip Paul McEachern reports he still has spots available for the May 16th thru the 20th trip to Lake El Salto. If you have an interest in catching big freshwater bass, this place is a must! Great food, guided boats and just a lot of fun.
- Couples Trip is scheduled for the end of April. Chairperson is traveling to Florida to scout Hotels and will have announcements on his return.
- Texas Pig Hunt…John Lavarias still has openings for the Texas pig hunt. The trip is scheduled for April 22nd and April 25th. Contact John for additional info.
- Also, John had a trip to Queen Charlotte Lodge 8/3/2022 thru 8/7/2022. John has room for only 1 more couple…There is fishing for those interested and eco trips all set in a beautify location. Contact John for more info.
- Spring Bass. Spring Bass Chairman Cor Claus is looking for a great event again in 2022. The Event this year is scheduled for the 2nd weekend in June which should provide for better fishing and better weather. Mark your Calendars as you will not want to mis this one!!!!
June 10th and 11th
With no other business the meeting was adjourned as 12:03
Comments are closed.