Weekly Updates May 27 th 2021 Dennis Friedman called the meeting to order at 12:29 pm with more than 30 members in attendance.
Announcements: • Dennis Friedman Welcome to the Club in our 96th year •
Night meetings will once again begin the last Thursday of the month starting on June 24th.
The Club will open at 5:30 with dinner by 6:00pm. • Jeff Stone is trying to put together in September of this year a trip back to the Wild Animal Park. This is an event which is great for the kids and grandkids. The park takes our group on a special tour of the facility. They put food into pickup trucks and enter the park. The animals approach the trucks which allows our tour to get an up close look at the animals. If anyone is interested contact Jeff Stone, 562 434 7131.
Members not seen in a while: • All familiar faces this week.
Guest: • Greg Bohnet brought a longtime neighbor, friend and fisherman Victor Katoff.
Good Cheer Report: • Gus reports Curt Heberts is going thru more testing at Hoag Hospital as he continues to recover. He is not taking phone calls at this point. • Co reports Lou Earlabaugh continues to get better • Andrew Weiske reports Frank Pratto sounds better still having problems getting around but will take calls at home. 310 713-5977 6289 PACIfiC COAST HIGHWAY, LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA 90803 • Al Hermer reports Harry Westover is now in a wheelchair but is looking forward to coming back to the Club for lunch. • Don First reports Vic Rains is having problems with fluid buildup in his lungs. This is something which has happened before and is currently getting medical attention.
No weight slips….<<<<< wind>>>>
Fish Reports: • Jeff Stone reports fishing slow. He has fished about 5 times in the last two months in the same area he has fished weekly for years. In the last two months he has caught only a dozen bass and one 8lb halibut (estimated). Don’t worry Jeff….Better days ahead. • John Lavarias reports fishing on a 1.5 day Pacific Queen trip 40 to 50 miles below the Coronado’s with only 12 to 15 Bluefin between 90 to 140lbs. They stopped on at least 50 meter marks with tons of fish but could only manage a few bites on each. • Bob Hetzler reports the Seabass fishing is doing well at Catalina currently with most 6 pack boats getting limits. • Andrew Weiske reports a potential world record Bluegill of 8lbs being caught at Lake Havasu. • Dan Mundy has been fishing the Sierras with Betsy and have caught a lot of fish. Past Events: • New Member Orientation Meeting was held at the club with very good participation. Participant’s report learning a great deal about the Club Legacy, History and Bylaws. It was a good event.
Future Events: •
Fish the Wall and Burger Bash… The flyers are out for both. The fish the wall tournament is to be a 24 hour tournament with lines in June 4th at 5pm and lines out at June 5th at 5pm. A new prize this year will be a total weight of 5 bass. Each angler team can contribute towards the 5 fish total. Awards will take place during the Burger Bash on Sunday June 6th. Please contact Tani Poe for more info, 562-650 1035.
The Burger Bash will take place on the following Sunday the 6th at the Club. Mr. Tom Dixon is back by popular demand and will be manning the grill. Also, if you have a car you would like to include in the car show during the Burger Bash please bring it to the Club on Sunday.
• Kids Trip… Andrew and Thom report that 38 people have registered and PAID for the event. Everything is ready and the group is all set to go.
• Catalina Couples Trip… Cor has announced that the trip will be held July 15th thru July 17th at Whites Landing Catalina. Flyers are now available and make sure guest have signed the release forms.
• Alaska Trip… Terry reports the trip is full but is taking people for the wait list. Also of importance if you have got your full vaccine shots, you will not need to get a covid test prior to leaving, however, you will need to bring your vaccine card as evidence.
• Intra Club Tournament…Larry Drum announced the Intra-Club Tournament will be held August 20 & 21st. Start registering your boats and crews on the Club Website now.
• Pacific Dawn Trip… Mike Engle reports the August trip is full, however, he is taking anyone who may want to be put on the wait list. The October trip if full. Both trips are 2 ½ days and will target Bluefin Tuna. The cost is $1,167.00 plus $150.00 dollars for food. If you have an interest, please contact Mike Engle.
• Cedros/ Sept 17th… Mike Engle has one opening if anyone has an interest. He is also taking backups. Should you have any interest or questions please contact Mike Engle 949-266-7804. • Stagg Trip…The Stagg Trip is on!!! Scheduled to take place October 1st and 2nd. Check website for info.
• Couples Trip Costa Rica December 1st thru 6th. Cor has opened the trip to friends or guest. There is room for a few more couples if you have an interest. Also, he has made accommodations with the resort for couples who may want to arrive earlier or stay longer at the same room rate at the Resort. Mike 949 266 7804
• IFGA Swordfish Tournament… This should be of interest to those of you who may have been interested in this event. Gus reports he contacted the IFGA about this tournament and was told they had nothing scheduled???? Gus has a call into the local Rep. for IFGA and is waiting a reply… Stay tunned.
• Other info… I’m not sure who reported this but it appears that passport renewals are taking a long time to get. If you are going to be traveling soon and you passport expires within the next 6 months you may want to consider not waiting any longer before applying for renewal.
With no other Business the meeting was called to close.
Comments are closed.