Dennis Friedman called the meeting to order at 12:30 pm with 20 members in attendance.
- Dennis Friedman
Welcome back to the Southern California Tuna Club in our 96th year
- Night meetings will once again begin the last Thursday of the month starting on June 24th. The Club will open at 5:30 with dinner by 6:00pm.
- Jeff Stone is trying to put together in September of this year a trip back to the Wild Animal Park. This is an event which is great for the kids and grandkids. The park takes our group on a special tour of the facility. They put food into pickup trucks and enter the park. The animals approach the trucks which allows our tour to get an up-close look at the animals. If anyone is interested contact Jeff Stone, 562 434 7131.
Members not seen in a while: All familiar faces this week.
- Bob Luskin brought Don Bridge which is a friend and fellow angler.
- Doug Drummond brought friend Glenn Groen. Welcome Glenn and Don!
Good Cheer Report:
- Curt Herberts is trying to get things worked out and staying positive.
- Lou Earlabaugh is working with a physical therapist and is on the road to recovery.
- Frank Pratto is on the road to recovery and doing better. Frank appreciates the card he received from the Club.
- Greg Williams is doing better every day.
No weight slips….<<<<< wind>>>>
- Doug and his wife went fishing with Tyler Jackson at Lake Crowley. Doug’s wife caught and 18-,19- and 20-inch trout while Doug caught a 17,18 and 19 inch trout. Tyler won the jackpot with a large crappie. (no weight provided)
- Fish the Wall and Burger Bash… The flyers are out for both. The fish the wall tournament is to be a 24 hour tournament with lines in June 4th at 5pm and lines out at June 5th at 5pm. A new prize this year will be a total weight of 5 bass. Each angler team can contribute towards the 5 fish total. Awards will take place during the Burger Bash on Sunday June 6th. Please contact Tani Poe for more info, 562-650 1035. The Burger Bash will take place on the following Sunday the 6th at the Club. Mr. Tom Dixon is back by popular demand and will be manning the grill. Also, if you have a car you would like to include in the car show during the Burger Bash please bring it to the Club on Sunday.
- Kids Trip… Andrew and Thom report that 39 people have registered and PAID for the event. Everything is ready and the group is all set to go. Fishing is heating up…
- Catalina Couples Trip… Cor has announced that the trip will be held July 15th thru July 17th at Whites Landing Catalina. Flyers are now available and make sure guest have signed the release forms. Contact Cor Claus for info.
- Alaska Trip… Terry reports the trip is full but is taking people for the wait list. Also of importance if you have got your full vaccine shots, you will not need to get a covid test prior to leaving, however, you will need to bring your vaccine card as evidence.
- Intra Club Tournament…Larry Drum announced the Intra-Club Tournament will be held August 20 & 21st. Start registering your boats and crews on the Club Website now.
- Pacific Dawn Trip… Mike Engle reports the August trip is full, however, he is taking anyone who may want to be put on the wait list. The October trip if full. Both trips are 2 ½ days and will target Bluefin Tuna. The cost is $1,167.00 plus $150.00 dollars for food. If you have an interest, please contact Mike Engle.
- Cedros/ Sept 17th… Mike Engle has one opening if anyone has an interest. He is also taking backups. Should you have any interest or questions please contact Mike Engle 949-266-7804.
- Stagg Trip…The Stagg Trip is on!!! Scheduled to take place October 1st and 2nd. Check website for info.
- Couples Trip Costa Rica December 1st thru 6th. Cor has opened the trip to friends or guest. There is room for a few more couples if you have an interest. Also, he has made accommodations with the resort for couples who may want to arrive earlier or stay longer at the same room rate at the Resort. Mike 949 266 7804
- IFGA Swordfish Tournament… UPDATE!!!!
No Club Team… Max 4 anglers per boat. Fishing the 12th & 13th
of November. Catch & Release prizes for fish under 100lbs, weigh stations (San Diego, Newport and Ventura) for fish over 100lbs. $300.00 dollars per angler. IFGA rules apply.
With no other business the meeting was called to a close.