April 15th 2021
Dennis Friedman called the meeting to order at 12:25 pm with 28
members in attendance.
• Dennis Friedman
Welcome to our weekly meeting in our 96th year
• NO MEETING APRIL 30 DUE TO SPRING BASS
• COUPLES TRIP IN 2022 – Terry said we are starting our preplanning for 2022 and asked if anyone has a suggestion for a great
place to go next year??? We have had some great couple’s trips in
the past!!! I know our well-traveled members have been to some
great places that we don’t know about as a group ……………so
please let me know if you have a suggestion for a spectacular
couple’s trip for next year.
Members not seen in a while:
• Bob Briggs
• Christopher Scott
• Tom Dixon
• Doug Drummond brought a guest Glen Gruen who is a retired LA
fireman and longtime friend. Welcome Glen!!
Good Cheer Report:
• Dave Woody had surgery for a compression fracture and is at the
lunch today. WELCOME TO THE MEETING TODAY DAVE!!
• Al Herzog reports that he talked to Harry Westover is doing well
and hoping to be to a lunch soon.
Fish Reports: Nothing to report
• Some of the guys are out on the Options and we will get a fishing
report from them next week.
• Tackle Day
Ron Herbst reports Tackle Day was a great success. The event was
held in the Club parking lot this year. Everyone seem to prefer the
location. Overall the event raised $6,000.00 dollars for the
• Golf Tournament is on and scheduled for April the 21st at Meadowlark
Golf Course. Jeff reports 30 golfers have signed up and there is still
room. If you are interested contact Jeff Clary 714 602-0003
• Spring Bass Tournament starts Friday April 30th thru Saturday May 1st.
Hank reports we have 59 signed up. We can accommodate up to 75
anglers and could use some more boats at this event. A special thanks
for all participants and we are 100% paid up. We are looking forward to
the Event with Good Fun…Great Raffle Prizes and of course the mystery
envelopes???? NOTICE… Both you and your guest who participate in
Club Events must complete the 2021 Limited Liability forms prior to
• Freshwater trip Lake El Salto – Paul McEachern reports that all the
details with regards to cost have been settled. He is requesting that if
you are fishing El Salto the additional amount needed is $125.00 dollars.
If you are fishing Lake El Salto and Lake Picachos the additional amount
needed is $800.00 dollars. Please make the checks out to SCTC and send
check to Paul McEachern at 20 Sicilian Walk, LB. Ca. 90803 ASAP.
• Options Trips. John Lavarias reports both trips to be full. He is taking
backups for the wait list. If your interested contact John (909) 208-5707
• Fish the Wall Small Boat Tournament. The Flyers are out and attached
for your convenience. The event is a 24-hour tournament with lines in
June 4th at 5pm and lines out June 5th at 5pm. Weight slips (best) call or
text John Whitaker (310) 918-7697 or Tani Poe (562) 650-1035.
New prize this year is a combined weight of 5 bass. All anglers on the
boat can contribute towards the 5 fish total. Awards and prizes to be
presented at the Burger Bash/ Car Show on Sunday June the 6th. See
Flyer Attached for more information. John Whitaker needs two
volunteers to help out at the Burger Bash.
• Kids Trip… This is the 60th Annual Baja Kids Trip to be held at the Playa
del Sol in Los Barilles. Thom Ryan reports 47 people are going AND
STILL HAVE ROOM FOR A FEW MORE. If you are interested please
contact Andrew (949) 632-1850 or Thom Ryan (949) 278-0687. Please
note… All monies including the cost of fishing boats are due May 1st.
Please know that if you are fishing a Super Cruiser (private boats)
$1,050 – $1,150/day if two day rental ($1,100 to $1,200/day for single
day rental), Deluxe Cruiser $610/day, Standard Cruiser $510/day, and
Panga at $325 per day. As an example, for 3 people traveling and you
are fishing 3 days on a Deluxe Cruiser you had already paid your $500.00
deposit the trip would be as follows. Hotel cost for 3 people = $1,550.00
dollars, Minus the $500.00 dollar deposit the Trip = $2,880.00 dollars.
Plus the 3 days of fishing for the deluxe cruiser at $610.00 dollars per
day would be an additional $1,830.00 dollars. Your total cost for 3
people would equal $4,980.00 dollars due May 1st.
Plus please add 16% tax to your deposit as well.
Should you have any questions regarding your balance due by May 1st
please contact Thom Ryan. Also of significant importance, Grandparents
must have letter of permission for each grandchild.
• Catalina Island Couples Trip. This will be the local version of the Couples
Trip. Cor announced that the event will be held July 15th thru the 17th
and be hosted by Whites Landing, Flyers to be out soon.
• Alaska Trip. Terry reports the trip is full but still taking alternates if
interested. Also, the 2021 limits this year is a follows:
- Kings- 1 per day- 4 per season
- Silvers- 6 per day per angler
- Halibut – The release slot is 50” to 73”. That means you can keep
one fish per day up to 65 pounds or one over 145 lbs.
- Lin Cod- 1 per angler per trip.
- Yellow Eye- none
• Couples Trip Costa Rica. Cor Reports that they have 20 signed up for the
trip with room for more. The trip is planned for December the 1st thru
December 6th. Also, Cor is requesting, as this is in peak season for Costa
Rica, for those who are going that deposits are due NOW too assure the
reservations. Cor is holding open a few remaining spots but will be
opening for friends and family very soon.
• Couples Trip Catalina. Whites Landing will host the Catalina Couples
Trip. The trip is scheduled for July 15th thru July 17th. Cor Claus to
provide additional details coming soon!!!!
• Pacific Dawn Trips. Mike Engle reports that the August trip is full.
However, he is taking anyone who may want to be put on the wait list.
The October trip has two openings. Both trips are 2 and ½ days and
will target Bluefin Tuna (if available). The cost of the trip is $1,167 (plus
$150 for food). If you have any interest contact Mike Engle (949) 266-
7804 or Al Hermer (562) 882-0855
• Cedros Trip. The trip is full, however Mike Engle is taking Backups. If you
have an interest contact Mike Engle (949) 266-7804
• Stagg Trip. The trip is scheduled for October the 1st thru the 2nd. Flyers
will be out soon…. Mark your Calendars!!!!!!!
• IFGA Swordfish Tournament is to be held November 11 thru the 13. At
this point it is going to be limited to 25 boats. For those interested
contact Gus Chabre.
Also please be aware, Don Herman reports that some people have had problems
trying to pay for events or annual dues via the website using American Express. The
website does not accept American Express. Visa, MasterCard will work fine.
With no other announcements or business, the meeting was adjourned at 1:05 pm.