Dennis Friedman called the Annual Tom & Jerry party/meeting to order at 12:45 pm with 105 members and guest in attendance.
Every year the Tom & Jerry Party is a well-attended event. This year was no exception. With 89 in attendance, many wearing their traditional Hawaiian or Spooner shirts, a fun time was had by all. There was plenty tasty food and drink provided by the Booze Brothers as well as the Tom & Jerry mixologist. The club had been decorated for the event by the housekeeping committee with assistance from volunteers the day before. With eighty-nine in attendance the room was full of conversation and laughs and only quieted when President Dennis Friedman rang the bell for lunch. A buffet style meal with plenty of salad, vegetables, turkey with gravy was provided by the catering crew, nobody went hungry!!!
As is tradition during the Tom & Jerry Party, the new Board of Directors for 2022 were introduced.
The new Board is as follows:
Terry Tysseland President Hank Brown Vice President
Tom Schlauch Board Member Dennis Friedman Board Member
Cor Claus Board Member Joe Vicic Board Member
Dick Bell Board Member Andrew Weiske Board Member
Larry Drum Board Member
- The Calendar of Events for 2022 is available. Copies are on the table at the club.
- John Lavarias wanted to let members know that all trips scheduled for July, August and September are booked. However, he is taking standby reservations for each trip.
- KC Coultrup had placed his name for a slip reservation in Alamitos Bay 3 years ago. He has received notification that a slip 50 to 55 foot has become available to him. However, he is not ready to buy a boat yet and is looking for an owner to partner with thru a lease or a temporary arrangement to hold the slip.
- Doug Drummond announced the flyers are out for the Ladies Cocktail Party and Valentines Day Dinner Dance. The cost is $250.00 dollars per couple.
- Gus Chabre announced the annual SCTC Foundation Fund letter has been sent out to members. Be on the lookout!!!
Members not seen in a while:
- Terry Krauss Alan Osterhout Terry Bersuch Frank Spina
Keith Pringle Rex Long Monty Navarre Bob Briggs
Greg Guest Gary Whitener Bill Durant Shaun Geiger
Stephan Claus Mark Nelson Al Herzog Pat Colucci
John Trapani…. Welcome Back!!!
- Thom Ryan introduced Mitch Barber
- John Whitaker introduced Greg Stotesbury
- Jeff Magnall introduced Bill McDannel
- Don First introduced Don Burge
- Bob Luskin introduced Terry Borsky and Joe Viblacque
- Adam Huss introduced Mike Zerbie
- Mike Mundy introduced Tommy Mundy and Larry Kurger
- Cor Claus introduced Mike Claus, Charles Nelson and David Felix
- Alan Osterhant introduced Arron Cargile
- BG Williams introduced DeWayne Brown
- Don Hedzietz introduced Mike Schafer and Jim Jones
- Dennis Friedman introduced JD Simpson
Good Cheer Report: Co DeCoudres
- Co reports good news as everybody is good or on the mend.
With no other reports or business to conduct the official part of the meeting was called to a close while everybody continued to enjoy the Event.