Welcome to the Southern California Tuna Club in its 97th year.
Hank Brown called the meeting to order at 12:30 pm with 32 members in
- Dennis Friedman had a possible exposure to Covid and not in attendance. Terry Tysseland had surgery and not in attendance.
- Mark your calendars…. Tom and Jerry Party is scheduled for December the 16th at the Clubhouse. Wear your favorite Spooner Shirt or Hawaiian Shirt. The party starts at 11:00am. NOTE… Please see the flyer attached.
- The Clubhouse Committee is looking for volunteers to help decorate the Clubhouse prior to the Tom and Jerry Party. Need a couple of guys who can work on a ladder. Please help if you can. Contact Don First for details. Help is needed December the 15th at 5pm.
- Gus Chabre announced the annual letter for donation to the Foundation has been mailed to the membership. Gus shared announced to date the Foundation has donated over $400,000.00 dollars to Cal-State Long Beach Marine Department which has helped many students, especially during Covid to remain in their studies. Many students have now graduated and gone on to find critical jobs in private or government marine industries.
Please look for these requests for donation to arrive soon and consider how importance of your donation and the work of the Foundation is.
Thank You! Also, if you have a chance look at the cards and letters by the podium, sent from the students in thanks to the Foundation.
- Jeff Stone announced He and his wife joined Doug Drummond at the venue where the Ladies Cocktail and Valentines Dance are to be held. Jeff reported that the venue is very nice and a great place to hold the event.
Members Not Seen:
- Chris Scott… Welcome back Chris.
- No guest reported this week.
- Co reports Terry Tysseland is doing good after surgery.
- Tom Dixon reports Mike Brown is doing better. He is out of ICU and starting physical and respiratory therapy. Wanted to thank members for the cards.
- No weight slips this week
- Joe Vicic was flyfishing Lake Erie for Steelhead. The fish were 3 to 4 pounds with some up to 10 pounds. Weather was cold but fishing very good.
- Dan Mundy went to Borrego Springs with Gary Tucker for sanddabs but ended up fishing a golf course lake. Dan caught bass, catfish, and is looking for one rod stealing catfish…
Past Events. None to report.
- Tom and Jerry Parts is scheduled for 12/16/21. Mark your Calendar. Guests are Welcome.
- Club Pheasant Hunt 1-17-2022 See Chuck Becker for details.
- Installation Dinner 1-20-2022 at the club
- Annual Business Meeting 1-27-2022
- … Ladies Cocktail Party and Dance 2-12-2022
Flyers out SOON !!!!! For more information contact Doug Drummond
- Fresh water trip… Lake El Salto…. May 16 thru the 20th.
Paul McEachern still has spots left. Contact Paul if interested.
- 2022 Kids Trip
- 60th Annual Baja Kids Trip
- Playa del Sol – Los Barriles
- Co-Chairmen: Thom Ryan (949)278-0687 & Andrew Weiske (949)632-1859
- Dates: Departure Saturday June 18th – Returning Thursday June 23rd
- Estimated Trip Cost: $1,700.00 (Airfare, Hotel Transportation, Food, Fun and Hotel) (*Boats not included)
- Deposits: DUE NOW $500.00 Payable to SCTC
- Mail Checks Payable to SCTC to: Thom Ryan – 3356 N. Studebaker Rd., Long Beach, CA 90808
- *New Members – this is one of the Greatest events you can bring your children on (usually 5+ years of age). Ask a fellow SCTC Member.
Where will you be June 9th thru June 10, 2022
Dinner…Great Raffle Prizes… and Awards
John Lavarias has a number of trips he is putting together this year. He is scheduling 3 one day trips aboard the Options. One trip each month, July, August, and September.
Also, John had a trip to Queen Charlotte Lodge 8/3/2022 thru 8/7/2022. John has room for 6 more couples…Contact John for more info.
John also has a Wild Boar Trip schedule for late April 2022.
Look for more info and announcements to come!!!!
- The Couples Trip is to be held at Islamorada resort in the Florida Keys this year. The trip is scheduled for April the 23rd thru the 29th.
Flyers to be out soon!!!
With no other business the meeting was called to a close.
Comments are closed.