Welcome to the Southern California Tuna Club in its 97th year.
Dennis called the meeting to order at 12:30 pm with 43 members in
- Special thanks to Steve Gammer for rebuilding the sinker drawer in the tackle room and a special thanks to Ray Ortiz who has taken the job of making the sinkers for all members. Ray has the drawer full of all different sizes of sinkers for member use at no charge. Thanks Guy’s.
- Mark your calendars…. Tom and Jerry Party is scheduled for December the 16th at the Clubhouse. Wear your favorite Spooner Shirt or Hawaiian Shirt. The party starts at 11:00am.
- The Clubhouse Committee is looking for volunteers to help decorate the Clubhouse prior to the Tom and Jerry Party. Need a couple of guys who can work on a ladder. Please help, December the 15th at 5pm.
- Gus Chabre announced the annual letter for donation to the Foundation has been mailed to the membership. Gus shared that to date the Foundation has donated over $400,000.00 dollars to Cal-State Long Beach Marine Department which has helped many students, especially during Covid to remain in their studies. Many students have now graduated and gone on to find critical jobs in private or government marine industries.
Please look for these requests for donation to arrive soon and consider how important your donation and the work of the Foundation is.
Members Not Seen:
- Frank Easterbrook, Gus Chabre…Welcome back!!!!
- No guest reported this week.
- Bob Briggs is doing better. Still hurting after shoulder surgery but recovering well.
- Mike Brown is doing better. He has progressed very well but till in an ICU rehab hospital in Westminster.
- No weight slips this week
- Doug Williams was presented 3 Boat Flag Awards for 2021. Doug and his crew managed the 1st White Seabass of the 2021 season. The 1st Marlin of the season, and the 1st Dorado of the 2021 season.
Congrats Doug and crew!!!!
- The area which had been closed to fishing due to the oil pipeline spill was reopened December the 1st. This was a huge area which covered waters from Izors reef out to the 14-mile bank and down to Oceanside.
All has reopened….
Past Events. None to report.
- Tom and Jerry Parts is scheduled for 12/16/21. Mark your Calendar. Guests are Welcome.
It’s that time of year again and we are booking up fast for this years “Baja Kid’s Trip!”
- *New Members – this is one of the Greatest events you can bring your children on (usually 5+ years of age). Ask a fellow SCTC Member.
Where will you be June 9th thru June 10, 2022
Dinner…Great Raffle Prizes… and Awards
- Club Pheasant Hunt 1/17/2022
- Ladies Cocktail Party & Valentines Dance 2/12/2022
- Fresh Water Trip 5/16/22 thru 5/20/22. Contact Paul McEachern as spots are filling up.
- John Lavarias has a number of trips he is putting together this year. He is scheduling 3 one day trips aboard the Options. One trip each month, July, August, and September.
Also, John had a trip to Queen Charlotte Lodge 8/3/2022 thru 8/7/2022. John has room for 6 more couples…Contact John for more info.
John also has a Wild Boar Trip schedule for late April 2022.
Look for more info and announcements to come!!!!
- The Couples Trip is to be held at a resort in the Florida Keys this year. The trip is scheduled for April the 23rd thru the 29th.
Flyers to be out soon!!!
With no other business the meeting was called to a close.