January 6, 2022
Welcome to the Southern California Tuna Club in its 97th year
Terry Tysseland called the meeting to order via Zoom at 11:30 am with 12 members in attendance
- As you are aware the January calendar has been revised as follows.
- All meetings for the month of January are to be Zoom meetings. No in person meetings are to be at the club due to the Omicron variant. Watch for weekly invitations and links for the Zoom meetings by email. We hope you will attend each week but will need as many members as possible to attend the Zoom Annual Business Meeting to be held January 27th.
- The two following events have been postponed as follows.
- Chairman Orientation has been rescheduled to February 8th.
- The Club Pheasant Hunt scheduled is modified as follows. The event with overnight stay and dinner has been postponed. However, several members have chosen to continue to attend as individuals on the 17th as scheduled. This would be a day event only without overnight stays or meals provided by the Club. Please know that if you would like to continue with the Hunt you will need to contact the event site and make your reservations as individuals. Please contact Chuck for additional information.
- Annual Business Meeting via Zoom 1-27-2022. In advance of this meeting, you will receive an email containing the information needed including the Club financial report. This report is for your eyes only and should be shredded after you review. In addition, and as part of membership, Members are asked to vote on the agenda items during the meeting. If you cannot attend via Zoom, a Proxy Ballot will be sent as part of the email you receive. Please review and vote your Proxy Ballot if you cannot attend. You can email your Proxy Ballot to Hank Brown at email@example.com or if you choose to snail mail your ballot, send to Hank Brown 4231 Tulane Av Long Beach, Ca. 90808. Please allow enough time as your ballots are due 01-26-2022 or by 12:00 noon by email.
- The Club dues letter along with the annual liability release forms have been mailed. You can send in your dues via snail mail or pay with a credit card using the Club website. If you choose to snail mail your dues, please send to Mr. Tom Dixon, (dues Chairman) at 1301 Bryant Rd. Long Beach, Ca. 90815…Please know you will need to complete the 2022 release of liability form which you can also send to Tom.
- KC Coultrup has a line on a 50’ slip at Gangway 31 next to the LYBC.
He is looking for someone with a boat to either sublet or to go into a short-term partnership with. The slip is available now, but he needs to act on it shortly if he is to keep control of the slip. His long-term goal is to keep the slip and sublet it for 2 to 3 years until he can find a boat he would like to purchase. If interested contact KC 562 884-5480 firstname.lastname@example.org
Members not seen for a while:
Good Cheer Report:
- Call to Action
As you may know Mike Brown has been in the hospital for 4 months. He has faced many challenges and has come back from the brink a couple to times. He now is out of respiratory ICU and continues an amazing comeback. He now is breathing on his own, eating solid food and is learning to walk once again. However, his body only beginning to now make red blood cells slowly. He has had transfusions to help with his recovery but will need some more transfusions to get his red blood cell count to where he can carry enough oxygen to aid in his rehabilitation.
Currently blood banks across the United States have exceptionally low inventories. If possible and you can donate thru your local blood bank or Red Cross, you can do an in-kind donation in Mike Browns name. You will have to state that is what you would like to do and reference Mike Brown at Kindred Hospital in Westminster Ca.
Weight Slips: None
Fish Reports: This is a 2nd hand of a 2nd report of small Bluefin
still on the Tanner Bank
- Kids Trip Thom Ryan reports the Kids Trip is going well. Look for additional information coming soon.
- Installation Dinner 1/13/22 Will be a daytime Zoom meeting
- Club Pheasant Hunt 1/17/22. Postponed. But a day Hunt is possible for individual members. Contact Chuck Becker
- Annual Business meeting 1/27/22
- Doug Drummond announced the flyers are out for the Ladies Cocktail Party and Valentine’s Day Dinner Dance. The cost is $250.00 dollars per couple.
- Freshwater Trip Paul McEachern reports he still has spots available for the May 16th trip to Lake El Salto.
- Couples Trip is scheduled for the end of April. Chairperson is traveling to Florida to scout Hotels and will have announcements on his return.
With No other Business the meeting was adjourned 12:11 pm
Comments are closed.