The meeting was called to order at 6:40pm by President Dennis Friedman with 15
members in attendance.
- Welcome to our Thursday night meeting in our 96th year.
- John Lavarias announced he has secured a deal on Eddie Bauer performance fishing shirts. This is a limited time offer expiring August 15th, 2021. The shirts come in long sleeve and short sleeve & sizes up to XXXL. Pricing includes the Club logo with the option to have you name added for an additional cost.
If interested contact John, 909-208-5707.
Members not seen in a while:
- Jim Hardesty, Welcome Jim!
- Jim Hardesty brought long time friend Chuck Anderson…Welcome Chuck!
- Terry Krauss reports Frank Pratto is doing O.K.. He is living in Handcock Park and is looking to buy a home close to his daughter. Terry reports he would like to hear from Members. Contact Frank at 310 713-5977
- Don Herman caught a 7.6lb yellowtail o=using 8kg on July 17th.
- Tom Schlauch reports fishing on the Indy out of San Diego. They went to the Rocks where they caught Yahoo and Yellowtail up to 45lbs. The food was great, and the Crew did a great job.
- Ken Huss went fishing on the Pacific Queen and landed a 105lb Bluefin Tuna after a 1 ½ hour battle… Good Job !!!
- Cor Claus went fishing with his two sons, also members on their 57 foot Viking. They left at 4am looking for the Bluefin Tuna. Their bait pump failed, they found Bluefin foaming everywhere but only managed a 30lb Bluefin. The weather was great and overall a great day.
- Dan Mundy, Mike Engle and Jeff Stone went looking for the Bluefin also. They got great bait from San Pedro Bait and headed out. They tried everything including towing the yummy flyer around for no fish.
- Pacific Dawn 2 ½ day. August 6th thru the 9th. Mike Engle reports trip is full but still taking backups if you are interested.
- Trophy Shoot Wednesday August 11th, 2021. LA Clays is hosting the event
Sign in is at 9:30 am followed by a safety meeting. Shooting begins at 10am to 1pm with lunch immediately following. Shooting will consist of 25 clays and 25 skeets. Cost is $80.00 ea. Sign up on the Club Website or contact Paul Rybak 562 201-1923
- Intra-Club Tournament, August 19 thru the 21st. Larry Drum and Tani Poe are the chairman for this event. Lines in will be Thursday August the 19th at 3:00pm and lines out Saturday August 19th at 3:00pm. Dinner will be hosted at the Drums house at Avalon Catalina. You can sign up on the Club Website. For questions contact Larry Drum or Tani Poe.
- AWARDS DINNER will be held Thursday 8-26-2021. Cocktails will start at 5:00pm with dinner scheduled at 6:00pm. Raffle prizes and awards to follow. Sign up on the Website or contact Chris Halliday 714 882-6446
- Fall Stag Trip (Buccaneer Days) will be held October 1st thru the 2nd. Fishing will be Club waters with Dinner, Raffle Prizes and Awards on Saturday night. The Boy Scout Camp in Cherry Cove will host the dinner and awards Saturday night.
Joe Vicic states the Flyers will be out soon… Mark your calendars as this is a event not to miss…Also If you will need a mooring contact Fred Westberg ASAP as moorings fill up soon!!!!
- Long Range Trip #2 October 17th thru 20th
- We have chartered two club trips on the Pacific Dawn this year. Both trips are two and1/2 days and will target large bluefin tuna (if available). If big bluefin are not in our waters we will then fish for yellowfin, yellowtail, etc. Each trip will depart from Fisherman’s Landing in San Diego in the evening and will return in the morning. Each trip will be limited to twelve anglers assuring plenty of room and a good choice of bunks. The cost of each trip including meals will be $1167. Please know both trips are full but you can get on the wait list. Call Mike Engle or Al Hermer.
- As those who have fished on these trips know, the Pacific Dawn is an excellent operation with a great captain and crew. All our previous trips have been extremely successful and the unprecedented availability of big bluefin in southern California waters creates an exciting outlook for the summer and fall season.
- A $583 deposit payable to SCTC will be required to make a reservation. Deposits are being accepted now, see below.
- These deposes are non-refundable, however, should you be unable to make the trip we will make every effort to sell your reservation as we anticipate a waiting list.
- To reserve a spot, please contact us and send a deposit check in the amount of $583, payable to SCTC to either Mike Engle or Al Hermer.
- With no other business discussed a call for jokes went out at 7:00pm