Weekly Updates June 17th, 2021
Dennis Friedman called the meeting to order at 12:30 pm with 32 members in attendance.
- Dennis Friedman
Welcome back to the Southern California Tuna Club in our 96th year
- Night meetings will again begin the last Thursday of the month starting on June 24th. The Club will open at 5:00 with dinner by 6:00pm.
- Awards Meeting will be held the last Thursday of August. Cost TBD… Mark your calendar … Raffel Prizes ETC!!!!!!!
- Fox Boswell announced that State Officials have started enforcing the Boater Cards which are required if you are operating a boat in California State waters. Fox shared a story of people being taken off a local lake and fined for not having the Boater Card or taking the exam online. Go to… Google California Boater Card to learn more.
Members not seen in a while: Greg Guest.
- Al Hermer brought friend and fisherman Lane Bradley… Welcome!
- Tom Ryan brought his son Zac Ryan. Welcome Zac!
- Don Hudzietz brought guest Steve Renasale. Welcome Steve!
Good Cheer Report:
- Gus reports Curt Herberts has completed the remainder of testing to rule out anything which may be a serious problem without any findings.
Curt is now on the mend with things looking much better.
- None!!!! ?
- Don Herman went fishing locally with Jan Martin and reports fishing to be very slow… as in Nothing to report
- Thom Ryan reports everything is set, and the group will be leaving Saturday. Fishing reports from the resort indicate that fishing is very, very good.
- Terry reports everything is set to go. ***There will be a pre-trip meeting tentatively scheduled for July 13. If you have questions call Terry Tysseland. 714 791-5319
Intra Club Tournament…Larry Drum announced the Intra-Club
- Tournament will be held August 20 & 21st. Start registering your boats and crews on the Club Website now.
Pacific Dawn Trip… Mike Engle reports both the August trip and the October 2 ½ fishing trips are full. However, he is taking anyone who may want to be put on the wait list. The cost is $1,167.00 plus $150.00 dollars for food. If you have an interest, please contact Mike Engle.
- Trophy Shoot is scheduled for August 11th It will be held at LA Clays. Everything is brand-new. Keep the date in mind and should have any questions contact Paul Rybak 562 201-19213
- Cedros/ Sept 17th… Mike Engle has one opening if anyone has an interest. He is also taking backups. Should you have any interest or questions please contact Mike Engle 949-266-7804.
- Stagg Trip…The Stagg Trip is on!!! Scheduled to take place October 1st and 2nd. Check website for info. Flyers out soon!!!
- Couples Trip Costa Rica December 1st thru 6th. Cor has opened the trip to friends or guest. There is room for a few more couples if you have an interest. Also, he has made accommodations with the resort for couples who may want to arrive earlier or stay longer at the same room rate at the Resort.
- IFGA Swordfish Tournament… UPDATE!!!!
No Club Team… Max 4 anglers per boat. Fishing the 12th & 13th
of November. Catch & Release prizes for fish under 100lbs, weigh stations (San Diego, Newport, and Ventura) for fish over 100lbs. $300.00 dollars per angler. IFGA rules apply.
With no other business the meeting was called to a close
Comments are closed.